Skip to content
How common are Eating Disorders?
- Anorexia Nervosa: Between 0.3 and 1% of young women have Anorexia Nervosa (which makes Anorexia as common as Autism).
- Bulimia Nervosa: Around 1 to 3% of young women have Bulimia Nervosa.
- Binge Eating Disorder: Around 3% of the population has Binge Eating Disorder.
- Between 4% and 20% of young women practice unhealthy patterns of dieting, purging, and Binge Eating.
- Currently, about one in 20 young women in the community has an eating disorder.