We are looking for a Part-Time Volunteer (non-paid) Administrative Assistant for the National Initiative for Eating Disorders (NIED)
Do you want to make a positive impact on the lives of the approx.2.7 million people in Canadians who have an Eating Disorder (based on global data) and to those who care for them?
As NIED’s part-time administrative assistant you will work with NIED’s dynamic executive team and our team of dedicated and passionate volunteers involved in the following committees: Education, Communications, Social Media and Fundraising. This is a remote position.
The National Initiative for Eating Disorders (NIED) is a national, not-for-profit organization that assists people cope with the effects of Eating Disorders by providing educational, informational and other recovery-oriented resources related to the prevention and treatment of Eating Disorders in Canada. We do this by:
- Developing, delivering, and facilitating access to education and training activities, and other recovery-related resources, that are associated with the prevention and treatment of Eating Disorders in Canada.
- Delivering symposia designed to educate, increase knowledge and share information related to the prevention and treatment of Eating Disorders; and,
- Establishing time-limited partnerships and formal collaborative agreements to support the delivery of our comprehensive Education Program.
Job Responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of our virtual office;
- Schedule Zoom meetings and transcribe Minutes (many of our meetings are held in the evening and are recorded so transcription can be done at your own time, but in a timely manner);
- Provide information by answering questions and requests and/or forwarding them to the appropriate person;
- Retrieve information from records, email, minutes, and other related documents;
- Prepare written summaries of data, as required;
- Exhibit polite, empathetic and professional communication while effectively communicate with parents, community partners, and other outside liaisons; and,
- Make travel arrangements for senior staff such as booking flights, cars, and hotel or restaurant reservations (when that can happen again!)
Time commitment: 5 – 7 hours a week
Administrative Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of appropriate software including: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Excellent Interpersonal and Reporting Skills
- Excellent Organization Skills and Attention to Detail
- Ability to work independently
- Reliable and dependable
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Creative and tenacious problem solver
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent education required
- Experience in providing administrative support
Interested applicants should apply by sending their resumé and cover letter explaining how they meet the above qualifications to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!