Free, open, expert forums on Eating Disorders.
As part of our awareness mandate, NIED is committed to hosting a regular series of symposia throughout the year. Here, you have the chance to hear from people in the front lines of Eating Disorders. These include clinicians, nutritionists, parents with loved ones struggling with an Eating Disorder, and both recovered and current sufferers.
While the initial symposia will be held in the Great Toronto Area (GTA), we are working with healthcare professionals and interested parties to extend the reach of NIED Symposia across Canada.
Workshops are FREE.
Our 54th Free Symposium
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
Reception 6 pm – 7 pm
Working With Eating Disorders:
Dr. Anita Federici, PhD Clinical Psychologist
- Signs, symptoms, and diagnoses
- Causes and maintaining factors
- Best practices in the management and treatment of Eating Disorders
- When the Eating Disorder becomes life-threatening
- Meet your community partners – Resources for Adults, Adolescents, and Families in Simcoe County
Looking to host a Symposium in your area? Have a topic you would like to learn more about/discuss/address?
Contact email@example.com or call Wendy Preskow at 647-347-2393.